MasterCard Lead Database Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Database Engineer
NoSQL Lead DBA - Focus on MongoDB
• Provide world-class support and expertise to all of Mastercard’s NoSQL database environments.
• Mastercard’s Database Engineers build highly available, scalable and efficient NoSQL database solutions following standards and security policies.
• Represent Mastercard’s Database Services team as a subject matter expert in the NoSQL sub domain.
• Continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies and provide expertise to integrate technologies and platforms into current environments within the NoSQL sub domain.
• Contribute to technology roadmaps to support Mastercard’s vision for all NoSQL technologies.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Manage clients’ expectations and communicate proactively.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required.
• The NoSQL DBA will be responsible for deploying and maintaining NoSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications and groups of users.
• The DBA should have knowledge of some industry standard NoSQL databases such as (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.) Including creation and implementation of fully functional NoSQL database clusters, ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production NoSQL environments with experience in performance tuning.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing NoSQL database upgrades and migrations.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new NoSQL databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
• Work with NoSQL vendors and their respected support channels when required.
• This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing NoSQL database systems, both internally and future Cloud managed instances and will contribute in defining best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers.
• Contribute in defining best practices and application NoSQL database solutions.
• Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Implement HA solutions and define backup/recovery strategies.
• Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.).
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Previous SQL Server and/or Oracle or PostgreSQL database administration experience is a plus.
• Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the NoSQL platform.
• Proficient with the Linux operating system.
• Working knowledge of Data Modeling.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, bash, ksh, perl etc.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-115828