MasterCard Lead Corporate Security Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Corporate Security Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Business Security Enablement (BSE) team is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to join us working out of our O'Fallon Missouri office.
Candidate will demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise within the DevOps, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) information security disciplines. The Information Security Lead can proactively identify risks that impact MasterCard or our industry, demonstrate ability to articulate strategies and define solutions in appropriate terms while leading implementation of the solutions related to mobile, digital and emerging technologies.
The candidate will leverage their security experience and knowledge to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal MasterCard and external stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management. The candidate demonstrates the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms and recommends alternative solutions to both senior management and customers.
Mastercard utilizes a wide range of network and security technologies.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure engineering disciplines?
• Can you demonstrate an advanced working level in network and security best practices?
• Can you advise product and operational teams on how to securely design applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing security?
• Can you analyze a solution to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user?
• Apply knowledge of security principles, theories, and concepts, knowledge of business/function and development life cycle.
• Takes a Lead Security Position in larger, more complex initiatives for DevOps, IaaS/Paas, Cloud and CI/CD strategic importance (e.g., global initiatives, cross functional/cross geographies).
• Define the security strategy, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of DevOps, Cloud, and CI/CD efforts.
• Provides strategic leadership regarding organization-wide risks standards, technologies, and methodologies.
• Recognizes security, fraud, regulatory or legal risks to MasterCard and proactively implements solutions.
• Influence on organization strategy, business function and/or processes.
• Work closely with developers and evaluate business requests to determine feasibility; work with Software Engineers to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
• Ensure established security policies and standards are observed by consulting with Business Owners on projects.
• Documenting and coordinating changes, enhancements of security standards and procedures.
• Prepare and present business/technical presentations
• Provide technical support for business owners to ensure adherence to requirements and document problem areas and coordinate resolutions.
• Investigate/Research MasterCard or industry business/technical security processes.
• Coordinate and document project/release level testing of new security software.
All About You:
• Undergraduate degree preferably in computer science or work experience equivalent of 7-10 years in information security disciplines
• Advanced knowledge of security protocols and standards, experience with software, security architectures and security designs.
• Technical experience with Java
• Extensive hands-on experience implementing operating system and application-level security controls.
• Security design and implementation of web-based security architecture for secure on-line transactions
• Technical experience with security practices of Intranet and Extranet
• Knowledge or technical security experience in Cryptography
• Working knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric encryption, Digital Certificates, SSL, VPN, IPSec, development of DMZ's and other security tools and processes such as privileged identity management, file integrity, audit, logging and IDS/IPS.
• Experienced with the consumption of IaaS and virtualization platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Google AppEngine, OpenStack or Azure
• Hands on experience in developing automated builds and tests using continuous integration (CI) tools
• Experience with automation of content federation and life-cycle management including OS images, binary packages and configuration management
• Intermediate to advanced hands-on scripting experience
• Practical use of version control systems
• Moderate to extensive hands-on administrative and security experience with Linux systems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138953