MasterCard Human Resources Intern - Summer 2023 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Human Resources Intern - Summer 2023
Are you an undergraduate student curious about opportunities in the field of human resources?
Are you passionate about solving complex problems in an international organization?
Are you capable of adapting and pivoting based on dynamic business changes?
Can you operate in a high impact team environment?
The Operations & Technology People & Capabilities team’s purpose is to drive success with our business partners through innovative human resource practices. The team enables the people strategy execution for employees and leaders across Operations & Technology. This role will provide project management support for our entire O&T P&C team. This role will get the opportunity to work with partners across the organization to drive efficiencies, process improvement, and people strategy for the Operations and Technology business unit.
• Support day-to-day aspects of one or more P&C project pipelines in parallel with MC-wide internship opportunities
• Ensure timely coordination and execution of day-to-day activities by working with key stakeholders across the organization
• Build and nurtures cross-functional relationships with O&T People Business Partners, and leaders across the P&C organization
• Develop analytics to report on progress against People & Capability metrics
• Manage confidential data in a professional manner and according to HIPPA rules and Mastercard confidentiality requirements
• Ability to observe and shadow human resource partners in their daily work
All About You
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Finance, Business or related field with a graduation date of Fall 2023 or later
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to intake data from multiple sources and produce comprehensible storytelling
• Experience creating and supporting delivery of presentations to a large and diverse audience
• Demonstrate success building relationships and working with partners across groups and geographies
• Highly proficient in Microsoft office tools, especially Microsoft Excel
• Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication abilitiesIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-173716