MasterCard Engineer, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Engineer, Software Engineering
• Are you motivated by the challenge of thinking on your feet in the middle of the action?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and solve complex business problems?
• Would you like to help develop industry leading software for fighting fraud?
The Fraud Platform Development team develops new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability. The Associate Software Engineer will assist in developing new platform capabilities for this high volume transaction processing system, as well as web applications and services for managing fraud solutions and fraud events.
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software
• Work closely with technical leads for assignment of user stories and other tasks
• Assist with support issues by troubleshooting incidents and problem tickets
All About You
• Proficience with Java JDK 1.7 or greater
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Good grasp of object-oriented design patterns such as dependency injection, factories, and singletons
• Expertise with Eclipse or IntelliJ and ability to compile, deploy, and execute code artifacts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Previous exposure to Spring MVC
• Understanding of Java unit testing and typical frameworks used
• Familiarity with basic agile software development processes and test driven development
• Competence with one or more of the following: JBoss, shell scripting, XML, multi-threading, Maven, log4j, JDBC
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137415