MasterCard Engineer, Change Management / ITSM (BizOps) in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Engineer, Change Management / ITSM (BizOps)
Engineer, Biz Ops, ITSM
This IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Engineer is a subject matter expert responsible for the daily oversight and governance of Mastercard’s ITIL-based global ITSM process framework. This ITSM Process Engineer is responsible for evangelizing, enforcing, monitoring, measuring, and continually improving one or more process areas. This position actively engages with internal technology teams and service provider teams to ensure that staff and tool sets are equipped for efficient and effective execution of assigned ITIL processes.
This position will primarily focus on Change Management processes but may also include Service Request Management processes. This position requires an intense focus on customer experience, data quality, and being an evangelist of Mastercard’s best practices. Reporting to the Director of ITSM Process Engineering, this position serves as part of an ITSM team that works in close partnership with Mastercard’s operations and technology teams to drive operational excellence and continual improvement.
• Do you enjoy learning new concepts and processes?
• Are you proactive when you spot issues of concerns, and motivated to help solve them?
• Are you a team player, but can also work on your own when needed to deliver strong results?
• Can you present recommendations and results on best practices, as well as share learnings for the greater good of the organization?
• Do you excel in a fast-paced and demanding, but rewarding environment?
• Can you thrive within a constantly-changing environment and deliver quality work?
• Can you manage multiple projects and deadlines because you’re excellent at prioritization?
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• Act as a subject matter expert in various ITSM Processes, supporting other functions and roles as needed
• Provide instruction, guidance and trouble-shooting assistance with BMC Remedy Smart IT
• Help create and document governance for the processes that benefit the organization and focus on quality improvement
• Act with both a sense of urgency and strong commitment to quality
• Provide regular reporting on the status of projects in flight
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Strong ability to work on your own, but also work as part of a team.
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Java, SQL, Python, Perl, or Ruby.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Experience with BMC’s Remedy Smart IT or Remedy Administration is a plus.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-87095