MasterCard Director, Technical Program Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Technical Program Management
• Responsible for planning, execution, and delivery, from inception to completion, for an existing technology product or program
• Proactively manages the end-to-end delivery of engineering work though the engineering team and all dependent organizations
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are covered
• Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Lead a global team of individual contributors and potentially first level managers who are conceptualizing, rationalizing, and driving multiple simultaneous projects to deliver engineering work
• Drive overall strategy and teams inside and outside of your organization to deliver the expected results
• Develop and communicate department vision that supports the broader organizational vision
• Deliver the multi-year roadmap for an executive vice president’s book of work and plan the associated technology roadmap
• Deep understanding of the platform, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems
• Create a data driven and continuous learning culture across your organization and use this data to drive incremental improvements
• Continuously monitor and analyze key performance indicators on the organization’s score card and move them in a positive direction
• Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution rigorously inspecting the delivery plans and execution metrics of your TPMs using your own tech depth and business acumen to assess risks and continuously raising the delivery bar
• Adapt to shifting goals and activities while managing multiple activities in parallel
• Build and cultivate strong internal relationships
• Manage escalations
• Actively encourage the development of your technical staff
• Teach others how to determine performance and leadership bar
• Effectively set expectations and build robust launch plans for new team members
• Demonstrate ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Experience and proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), microservice design, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Extensive experience delivering technical programs so you know where to look to find all the potential landmines
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.) and CI/CD
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrate experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individual engineers across the organization
• Demonstrate an understanding of our performance and leadership bar and effectively applies it to hiring decisions
• Demonstrate experience as a people manager with the ability to attract, recruit, and develop technical talent
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139416