MasterCard Director, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Engineering
Mastercard Global Customer Care (GCC) is the B2B and B2C customer support apparatus. We are an innovative and ambitious solutions team focusing on reducing friction with customers through technology and automation services. We follow the best software development and Agile practices to deliver successfully, again and again, for internal and external customers.
We are seeking a director to lead our Technical Resource Services (technical doc delivery) and Automation Services (bots and business process automation) software engineering team based in St. Louis, MO. This position requires exceptional skills, knowledge, and caliber for what it takes to lead the team responsible for building mission-critical, globally distributed, world class enterprise platform/applications.
• Supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several leaders/consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Collaborate with internal & external teams across various continents and time zones
• Ensures own teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through full automation
• Execution with precision and working with other engineering teams across the Mastercard to manage internal and external dependencies to deliver quality product on time
Bachelor's degree Computer Science (or related discipline)
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Proven ability to design/architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
All About You
• Outgoing with excellent communication skills
• Unafraid of having your own ideas challenged and tactfully challenging others ideas
• Enjoy mentoring and supporting team members
• Self-motivated requiring little direction or oversight
• Driven to keep things moving forward
• developed/coded for commercial grade application
• Advanced knowledge of Java, Spring, JEE
• Advanced knowledge of RESTful APIs
• Advanced knowledge of the Front end Web development (HTML, CSS, JS, Angular, React)
• Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience with SAFE or Agile software development methodology
• Solid Understanding of web application security across multiple channels (Web, Mobile, Physical)
• Exposure or work in process automation using Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, or related tools is a big plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149058