MasterCard Director, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Payments Network Division is seeking a Director in Software Engineering with a proven track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects from development to production using modern technologies that enable scale and agility. This role involves as much/more platform engineering as it does software development.
• With technical and leadership expertise, manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
• Manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, and help develop your teams.
• Partner with Product managers, business stake holders and users to understand user pain points deeply and create innovative solutions that delight your customers in an agile development environment
• Mentor & coach engineers and be a great role model for them
• Strive for excellence in everything you do: culture, collaboration, process, tools, design, engineering practices, customer experience, performance, security etc.
All About you:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
• Experience in application development, automation implementation, or a combination of both
• Experience of building and leading high performing Engineering teams.
• Experience implementing automation using Ansible, Terraform or Chef
• Experience with K8 orchestrator
• Experience with containers, virtual machines, Kubernetes and/or similar technologies.
• Hands-on Experience in Linux.
• Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD)
• Experience implementing and/or operating large scale platform services.
• Good communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences
• Metrics-driven mindset, ability to experiment, learn and improve.
• Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms is a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150701