MasterCard Director, Software Architecture in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Architecture
Director of Engineer – Architecture, Decision Management Program
Job Description Summary
Director of Architecture will be responsible for leading the team who architect and providing technical leadership for initiatives targeting fraud, customer risk and authentication. These initiates will drive new capabilities into a powerful and state of the art Decision Management platform which processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability. This position will provide technical leadership and expertise for architecting new platform capabilities for the heart of this high volume transaction processing system, web applications for managing fraud solutions and fraud events, APIs for exposing capabilities to customers, and vendor solutions for business rules management and fraud scoring. This architect will partner with architects, developers, analysts, as well as business partners and other Mastercard technology teams. A successful candidate will deliver innovative, robust, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise strategies and achieve business results.
• Solutions architect team sets vision for and defines new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform
• This platform provides business solutions to combat fraud and authenticate users and processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds
• Solutions Architect will provide technical thought leadership and expertise for architecting new platform capabilities
• These new capabilities will build on a high volume transaction processing system, web applications for managing fraud solutions and fraud events, APIs for exposing capabilities to customers, and vendor solutions for business rules management and fraud scoring
• Would you like to be a part of developing industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
• Do you want to create innovative solutions to challenging business problems?
• Leading architecture from the conceptual architecture level down through the application architecture level for new initiatives
• Partnering with business and other technology teams to set technical strategy and roadmaps
• Innovating new approaches to meet business needs, lower costs, and improve agility
• Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs
• Hire, mentor, grow; a team of highly experienced engineers.
• Estimating and planning new efforts
All About You
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Experience architecting large and complex systems from the conceptual architecture level down through the application architecture level
• Experience architecting high performance and highly scalable systems
• Experience providing technical thought leadership across an organization
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including Java, Linux, Oracle
• Experience with agile software development processes and architecture governance processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to an audience at all levels within an organization
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
• Managed highly technical teams
• Experience with fraud products and platforms
• Experience integrating with third party platforms
• Experience with web architecture and application development, including APIs
• Experience with high performance and highly scalable transaction processing and batch architectures
• Experience integrating with large volume data warehouse architectures
• Database experience including Oracle
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126796