MasterCard Director - Product Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director - Product Management
The Director, Product Management, will be responsible for the Account Level Management suite of services with specific focus on expansion into new markets. Reporting to the VP of Account Solutions, he/she should have the ability to influence and collaborate across a diverse group of internal stakeholders & regional partners, effectively manage multiple priorities, and demands, and possess a deep understanding of transaction processing & go-to-market deployment. The person in this role will collaborate closely with the local sales & account teams to achieve the annual revenue targets, as well as serve as the global point of escalation for product performance related issues in all regions outside of the North America Market.
• End-to-end product ownership for the expansion of Account Level Management (ALM) into new markets to include product feature/functionality deployment and support, thought leadership on competition and industry trends, sales enablement, performance measurement, and operational oversight.
• Evaluates and prioritizes business cases for new customer opportunities, including the development of a country & customer pipeline to improve MasterCard's footprint and competitiveness.
• Advocates and champions the ALM suite of products throughout the international markets both internally and with our external customers.
• Defines and periodically refreshes the product roadmap in partnership with the ALM Product Development Lead to ensure value is expressed and delivered to customers, and new & existing market opportunities are maximized.
• Develops new sales enablement & training materials for all new countries/regions on-boarding in partnership with Regional Leads and Country Managers.
• Selects and monitors performance metrics that assess product performance, revenue, scalability, and longevity, and utilizes results to ideate innovative solutions to challenges in the product strategy.
• Leads market analysis and recommends ways to leverage market analysis to inform product and go-to-market strategies.
• Partners with Product Development to ensure any new product development follows the Studio framework including any regional gating and any required regional pricing and legal approvals.
• Influences and collaborates with a diverse group of regional and global stakeholders including, but not limited to: Regional Product, Finance, Legal, Product Delivery, Account Teams, Operations & Technology.
• Develops and manages relevant budget planning, forecasts, and accruals
• Collaborates with regional and local sales resources in support of product life cycle
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience. Some advanced education desirable
Knowledge / Experience:
• Significant experience in product management, product development, product marketing, or business development, in financial services and/or bankcard industry preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of product management principles and product development lifecycle.
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
• Highly collaborative and self-driven individual who will manage relationships across multiple functional areas, regions, executives, and external customers - at times remotely with limited supervisory support
• Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external business partners
• Ability to effectively manage multiple functions
• Ability to manage budgets or financial results
• Ability to provide solutions with solid understanding of the payments industry that drive positive results to the customer and Mastercard
• Some travel required (15%)
• General office environment
• Position may be headquartered in O'Fallon MO or Purchase NY Mastercard locations
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124255