MasterCard Director, Product Development in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development
Mastercard’s digital payments strategy is accelerating the transition from card payments to digital payments, using mobile phones and other devices to support issuers, merchants, and wallet providers. Consumers are expanding their range of digital activity across channels/devices every day, and you can be a key contributor in driving this evolution.
You will be part of a team of Product Managers, responsible for defining and delivering features to build out and enhance these digital. The ideal candidate is passionate about driving new product development and working on innovative solutions.
Be part of something special:
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Are you agile with a desire to exhibit your skills at the cutting edge?
• Do you have high standards for excellence?
In this role you will be working within the Token Lifecycle and Management Services team. You will:
• Work as the product owner and Subject Matter Expert on the relevant tools within the team that allow customers to manage the lifecycle of their tokens, including developing the strategy and roadmap for the related areas
• Bring about a migration to a new cloud architecture for key components of MDES
• Drive New Product Development including exploration of new opportunity spaces, contributing to Product strategy and partnering with cross-functional teams to design, develop and deliver new Products that drive incremental revenues for Mastercard
• Deliver high quality, high value, production-ready features for commercialization and customer-focused teams to deploy to Mastercard customers.
• Demonstrate a full understanding of market dynamics including Regulatory, Legal, Competitive and Technology landscapes
• Evaluate and prioritise Global and/or Regional product ideas, markets and opportunities and determine with which projects to initiate the development process
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in Legal, Data Privacy, Delivery, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Testing, Documentation etc. to ensure that the new Product has a robust go-to-market plan focused on speed to market and ease of delivery
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning by leveraging the learning & development curriculum to augment existing knowledge, skills and experiences
• Validate completed users stories and ensure they complete all the features fully and accurately and work with all the required teams to ensure exceptional product quality, with robust, clear and regularly maintained documentation and training materials
• Demonstrate and drive Mastercard Way behaviours through their behaviour, recognitions, coaching, and employee engagement.
All About You
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
• Strong cloud computing knowledge
• Always looking at product quality, and new ways to solve problems
• Outstanding record of building and managing products and services, including experience launching new initiatives in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple and competing priorities.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to strategy but will also be able to quickly switch to the technical detail level when required to understand customer requirements, design services, and when issue resolution is required.
• Strong leadership skills in working with multi-disciplinary teams of both a technical and business nature.
• Excellent project management skills, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
• Creates ideas and enhancements for the product roadmap, achieves buy-in from relevant stakeholders and drives cross-functional teams to execute.
• Ability to understand complex business needs, competitive offerings, and industry trends and translate them to customer-facing solutions.
• Proven ability to write clear and effective product documentation from business requirements, through to implementation guides and promotional materials.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178769