MasterCard Director, Network Strategy and Product in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Network Strategy and Product
The Director, Network Strategy and Product will join a team driving product strategy, roadmap and execution of the future of Mastercard’s global core payments network. The network is the company's core strategic asset, directly driving over $8 billion in revenue and providing the platform for our other key services.
The successful candidate will own end-to-end product development, launch and management of new network offerings. This will include development of value proposition and definition of requirements, engagement with development partners for solution and prototype development, determining commercial terms and go to market planning, customer outreach and feedback collection, through pilot, launch and scaling.
• Engage internal product, technology and market teams to understand network needs and challenges, and perform analysis of internal data to size problems and opportunities, evaluate potential costs and revenues, understand geographic variation and customer behavior
• Collaborate closely with internal technology teams to develop a clear perspective on the systems and technical challenges behind a business need or problem statement – spend lots of time quizzing experts and reviewing documentation
• Identify and validate strategies to address those needs, with customer, business, technical, franchise and legal input as needed
• Drive new offerings through the Studio product management process
• Work with technical partners to estimate the cost of proposed enhancements, prioritize them and propose roadmaps for network components
• Develop narratives and visuals marshaling facts and analysis to support your recommendations, present them to key decisionmakers, and drive alignment among other teams and support from leadership
• Develop go-to-market strategies, identifying target or pilot regions or customers, driving customer engagement and communications, proposing pricing, and working with internal delivery teams to ensure successful rollout
• Maintain an independent mindset and view of the facts, develop a strong view of the best available approaches, make a compelling case and push hard for the right outcome – and stay flexible and pragmatic in your approach to getting things done
• Prior experience in payments is strongly preferred
• Product development, management, commercialization experience
• Flexibility to work with ambiguity and manage complex projects in changing scenarios; successfully manage multiple responsibilities and tasks
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Data and financial analysis skills and experience
• Desire to dive deep and learn about our technology, system structure, and rules
• Superior communications, visual and verbal presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills – strong organization and task management is expected
• Ability to build and leverage relationships within and outside the organization to drive results
• Ability to interact with varying levels of leadership across the organization and with internal and external clients; ability to lead and influence at all levels
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142409