MasterCard Director, Net Revenue Accounting in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Net Revenue Accounting
The Global Business Service Center (GBSC) is a shared services center within Mastercard whose mission is to add value to our partners and serve our customers by delivering operational excellence, enhanced customer experiences, and focused business results. The Director, Net Revenue Accounting provides critical leadership both within the GBSC and throughout the business to ensure Mastercard’s net revenue and accounts receivable is accounted for properly each month. This key position will execute on this mission in close collaboration with FP&A, Billing, and Controllership colleagues globally.
• Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
• Are you motivated to drive business transformation on a global scale?
• Are you a collaborative leader who empowers employees to deliver measurable results?
• Lead offshore and onshore teams responsible for daily activities associated with global accounts receivable, collections, customer contract review and revenue accounting
• Oversee the monthly accounting close cycle, including all operational activities within the Contra Revenue System (CRS)
• Liaise with GBSC, regional, and business teams to ensure compliance with all represented policies and controls
• Establish operational metrics and targets, measure performance and summarizes findings for timely recommendations to senior leadership
• Analyze monthly performance results for opportunities to improve accuracy and completeness
• Serve as a point of escalation for compliance and service level issues
• Assess team capacity and manage resources to maximize time available and allocate resources as needed to accomplish priorities
• Identify and explain variances between material revenue accrual and actual billings
• Estimate and analyze net accounts receivable
• Validate, challenge and explain key revenue cycle indicators and performance related to actuals
• Manage, direct, and develop revenue and accounts receivable staff.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred
• Experience managing sub-ledger processes with reliance on metrics-based performance management tools
• Experience managing a diverse, multi-functional accounting and/or finance group
• Experience building trusted relationships with business partners
• Demonstrated successful oversight of the management and resolution of high-risk issues to ensure completeness and efficiency
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85898