MasterCard Director, Net Revenue Accounting GBSC in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Net Revenue Accounting GBSC
The GBSC is the shared services organization for mastercard. Our diverse team is co-located in collaborative working environments in St. Louis and Pune, India, with select regional hubs around the globe to provide additional scale and agility. Our organization combines people, process and technology to deliver efficient, standard and high quality services to our business partners across 70 countries, 5 regions, and every business unit throughout mastercard. The GBSC has built a reputation of excellence in delivery through innovation, collaboration and customer service.
The Director, Net Revenue Accounting role provides critical leadership to ensure mastercard’s net revenue and accounts receivable is accounted for properly and critical operational functions are executed timely and accurately on behalf of the business. This key position will execute on this mission in close collaboration with GBSC Billing, FP&A, and Controllership colleagues globally and will report to the VP, Revenue Accounting Operations.
• Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
• Are you motivated to drive business transformation on a global scale?
• Are you a collaborative leader who empowers employees to deliver measurable results?
• Coach, direct, and develop large diverse team comprised of managers, and extended teams to achieve department objectives
• Accountable for all aspects of the monthly net revenue and receivables accounting close cycle, as well as operational accounting, deal review, and payment activities within the Contra Revenue System (CRS)
• Oversee offshore and onshore teams responsible for daily activities associated with global accounts receivable, collections, customer incentive contract review and global net revenue accounting
• Estimate and analyze net accounts receivable and related financial indicators such as DSO and CEI to evaluate the health of mastercard’s A/R portfolio and effectiveness of collection efforts
• Validate, challenge and explain key revenue cycle indicators including impacts to accrual assumptions and other revenue assurance activities
• Liaise with GBSC, regional, and business teams to ensure compliance with all represented policies and controls
• Establish operational metrics and targets and measure service levels regularly to drive operational excellence and stakeholder satisfaction with services provided by teams managed
• Serve as a point of escalation for compliance and service level issues, and resource for interpretation of complex accounting guidance related to processes owned.
All About You:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA preferred)
• Shared Services experience
• Experience working within a global, multi-national corporation
• Experience managing a diverse, multi-functional accounting and/or finance group required
• Demonstrates influence and ability to work through complex issues with stakeholders to achieve consensus and motivate teams
• Accustomed to project work and achieving high-quality outcomes while under pressure and/or strict deadlines
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Understanding of complex legal entity structures, contract language, and foreign currency concepts
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85898