MasterCard Director, Model Governance in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Model Governance
• The Data Strategy team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office) is responsible for developing and driving data strategies for the product and services teams. The team ensures that Mastercard maintains and increases the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we build new products and services that collect, use or share data.
• The Director, Model Governance is responsible for understanding, creating, documenting and operating Mastercard’s model governance program for complying with applicable fair lending laws and Mastercard’s data responsibility principles on a global basis.
Director, Model Governance
• Gather and understand policy and legal requirements to develop operational requirements for the governance of models to ensure their operation within expected parameters and that models and their input data are evaluated and adjusted as necessary to mitigate bias and false data in the data and the models.
• Based on those policy and legal requirements build a model governance program, including related processes and controls to ensure that data and resulting models once built operate within expected parameters with potential biases mitigate. Operate the program once built.
• Develop documentation and templates for the analytics teams to leverage to comply with the model governance program and to demonstrate their compliance with the program to customers and regulators.
• Regularly evaluate the performance of the model governance to evaluate efficacy and continually improve the program.
• Expand and adjust program to include ongoing regulatory, technical and business changes.
• Educate relevant business teams to apply model governance and support them as needed.
All About You
• Experience in analytics and the application of model governance
• Ability to create governance and control programs
• Strong technical writing skiils.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-129645