MasterCard Director, MDES Product Strategy and Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, MDES Product Strategy and Management
Mastercard’s digital payments strategy is accelerating the transition from card payments to digital payments, using mobile phones and other devices to support issuers, merchants, and wallet providers. Consumers are expanding their range of digital activity across channels/devices every day, and you can be a key contributor in driving this evolution.
Mastercard's Digital Enablement Services (MDES) Product Commercialization team leads this effort by:
• Setting the tokenization product strategy and creating compelling product offerings to meet the needs of the various customer segments
• Ensuring the robust, market-ready quality of MDES services
• Delivering increased security and convenience to consumers by managing the tokenization of Mastercard accounts for issuers
• Fostering consistency within the industry by overseeing the strategy for the adoption of token-related standards developed through EMVCo
The role is immediately responsible for managing a set of tokenization products and defining product strategy.
• Have you ever managed a product on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash and plastics?
• Do you like answering big, complex questions that will drive product strategy?
• Do you hold up high standards and partner with others around you to achieve them?
• Have you demonstrated a track record of delivering tangible results?
• Further Mastercard’s digital strategy through the development and implementation of new programs that scale industry-wide tokenization. Manage specific MDES products and capabilities to meet the digital needs of our customers and partners.
• Work with our regional product teams, customer delivery organization and external device partners to design and implement flawlessly new capabilities for consumers and issuers. Drive digital payment product features from ideation through implementation as needed by the organization.
• Ensure that issuers, acquirers and their service providers are informed of MDES product changes that will impact them, their consumers and business partners.
• Prioritize requests and production changes from partners and customers to ensure proper investment of Mastercard resources
All About You
• Outstanding record of building and managing digital products, including experience launching new initiatives with non-traditional payment providers in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple and competing priorities.
• The successful candidate will have experience in formulating actions to address ambiguous strategic questions, while also quickly switching to the technical detail level when required to understand customer requirements, design solutions, and resolve issues.
• Strong leadership skills in working with multi-disciplinary teams of both a technical and business nature.
• Excellent project management skills, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
• Creates ideas and enhancements for the product roadmap, achieves buy-in from relevant stakeholders and drives cross-functional teams to execute.
• Experience developing, launching and maintaining mobile or token related payment services.
• Ability to understand complex business needs, competitive offerings, and industry trends and translate them to customer-facing solutions.
• Proven ability to write clear and effective product documentation from business requirements, through to implementation guides and promotional materials.
• Strong working knowledge of digital payments acquired through experience in the product management of tokenization, eCommerce transaction systems, mobile payments, and/or payment processing.
• Credit and debit card payments
• Detailed knowledge of transaction processing
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-134617