MasterCard Director, Finance Business Partner in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Finance Business Partner
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) Solutions team is responsible for Mastercard’s safety and security related product development efforts to protect the integrity of the electronic payment system as well as ensure payments are convenient yet secure. The products are primarily focused at authentication, fraud prevention, risk mitigation and dispute resolution across all payment channels as well as all stakeholders; issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors and consumers.
The Security & Cyber Innovation team is part of this organization and oversees product strategies for cyber security, financial crimes, and dispute resolution, while driving innovation and building businesses for future growth. The main groups that fall under this organization are:
o Cyber Security – Secures the broader cyber ecosystem
o Industry Collaboration – Solutions that enhance the purchase journey, reduce disputes and protect against fraud
o Financial Crimes – Security across all payment flows
o Security Innovation – Next gen security services for new segments
This role will focus on providing financial support for the Financial Crimes & Security Innovation
Segment, with additional opportunities to support the other portfolios as needed. Responsibilities will include business case development & modeling, providing advanced analytics/key revenue insights, & collaborating with key stakeholders who support the products, with a joint objective of maximizing revenue, profitability, & efficiency.
• Manage all aspects of the day-to-day financial responsibilities such as budget / forecast, financial reporting, analysis, opportunities and risks, etc.
• Partner with the Financial Crimes and Security Innovation business teams and provide value-added strategic insights from a finance perspective
• Collaborate on business case development; ensuring the Financials/Go-to-Market/Commercialization strategy are all aligned
• Key stakeholder in various management meetings
• Prepare and present presentations to executives on a regular basis
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• Excellent finance skills including modelling/business case development and scenario analysis, budget, planning and forecast experience. Controllers experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship management, communication, and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
• Demonstrates strong self-awareness, keenness to learn and a strategic mindset. Open to different approaches and ideas and willing to challenge status quo to drive new business initiatives
• Able to influence and drive effective decision making
• Ability to perform successfully in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities and assignments concurrently
• Strong sense of urgency; excels in a deadline driven work environment
• Strong skills in Hyperion, Excel and PowerPoint required
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-151470