MasterCard Director, Data Sources in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Data Sources
• The Data Sources team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office) is responsible for the acquisition, ingestion and evaluation of all types of data and data capabilities that can be utilized for innovation by a wide range of Mastercard product teams.
• The Director, Data Curation will have global responsibility for managing our enterprise data assets, including merchant and geolocation data. The individual will expand and improve our merchant data and associated technology platforms as corporate assets and in partnership with the Enterprise Data Warehouse, manage the capabilities for doing same.
Director, Data Curation
• Develop and implement a strategy to improve and increase our merchant and other commercial entity data. Align that strategy with the development of new products and services that consume that data.
• Coordinate with enterprise initiatives in the management of entity data of various types, aligning it with the merchant data roadmap.
• Lead strategic, platform-based initiatives to improve the quality, accessibility and usefulness of our enterprise data. Scale pilot solutions leveraging cloud and machine learning technology to realize cost savings and improve the services we offer.
• Serve as a corporate subject matter expert on merchant data to support the organization’s product development efforts that leverage that data.
• Work with data platforms and O&T teams to implement required changes to the technology platforms.
• Supervise and improve the operational processes associated with the construction and maintenance of these assets. Develop educational material and train, as needed, on these tools and processes. Maintain and improve merchant data status reporting of improvements and completeness of merchant data. Disseminate and educate others on same. Develop feedback loop from internal users of merchant data, including across the Data Strategy and Management team, and implement required improvements.
• Manage and improve processes for improving and expanding merchant data, including, address standardization and geocoding processes and evaluating and incorporating new merchant data sources to assist in those improvements.
• In partnership with Data Management team, assess quality issues in merchant data and implement feedback loops to acquirers to improve the merchant data submitted through the transaction data stream.
All About You
• Advanced experience working with data products, either in acquisition, development or evaluation
• Bachelor’s degree in science, mathematical, engineering, or technology
• Program management experience
• Ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders about the value of data; strong written and oral communication skills; ability to present complicated concepts in a clear and cogent manner
• Strong understanding of emerging technologies including but not limited to, cloud architecture, machine learning/AI and Big Data infrastructure
• Strong understanding of Mastercard systems
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships across the enterprise
Data management or data analytics experience preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-100487