MasterCard Director, Controller (Products & Engineering) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Controller (Products & Engineering)
The Product and Engineering (P&E) Controller reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller and is responsible ensuring the integrity of the financial statements as it pertains to the P&E business unit in partnership with global and regional finance teams, regional controllership and the global business shared service organization (GBSC). The P&E Controller possesses strong leadership skills to engage teams to optimize and even transform the current structure while utilizing his/her technical skillset to establish and, where necessary, enhance processes and internal controls.
• Successfully partner with business unit leadership and advise on all accounting related matters on business transactions and accounting/regulatory standards, including but not limited to revenue recognition, software capitalization and impairment reviews
• Interface with external auditors regarding the application of generally accepted accounting principles on certain transactions and matters
• Lead and oversee compliance activities, as needed (e.g.. Mastercard policies, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and Operational Risk Management (ORM)) and communicate potential exposures to leadership
• Oversee preparation of monthly quarterly and ad-hoc management reporting including variance analysis, technical position memos, executive presentations, etc., ensuring appropriate documentation of accounting positions is in place and advise senior management on complex transactions
• Influence change through strong, collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Business and Finance Executives, Peers, Products and Services business partners, Regional Controllers, GBSC, third party vendors
• Liaise with Regional Controllers on global initiatives to ensure consistency and accuracy in all regions
• Periodic review of processes to ensure operationally mitigating risks based on design and the evolution of business processes
• Identify opportunities to implement automated solutions to streamline processes
• Partner with the finance operations team to ensure front-end and back-end controls are implemented to mitigate key risks
• Critical role in finance integrations of new acquisitions; responsibilities include alignment to Mastercard’s finance policies and procedures, ensure appropriate revenue and expense recognition, liaise with acquisition and Mastercard finance team, coordination with Regional Controllers where appropriate
• Lead discussions and provide specific recommendations to senior management
• Complete special requests from Senior Management for analysis, research, and detailed information, including other projects deemed necessary from time to time by the Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Controller. The special requests may include researching, consulting and reviewing technical memorandums on proposed and/or completed transactions
All About You:
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
• Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant or equivalent
• Established credibility as a trusted advisor to business partners and senior leadership on complex technical matters
• Strong communication and leadership skills, with an emphasis on financial and business acumen
• Experience assessing the effectiveness and oversight of financial control implementation; ensures compliance within a diverse organization
• Experience setting strategy for process improvement initiatives along with developing procedures for implementation
• Demonstrated successful oversight of the management and resolution of high-risk issues to ensure completeness and efficiency
• Confident and poised influencer who uses analytical and leadership skills to achieve goals
• Experience building collaborative working relationships with stakeholders at the global/regional, local or corporate level
• Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Proficient PC skills, especially Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Hyperion & Oracle a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132534