MasterCard Director- Business Analyst in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director- Business Analyst
• Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) provides data warehouse technology, big data, Business Intelligence (BI), and payment data subject matter expertise to internal and external customers.
• The team provides data intelligence and insights and provides custom data solutions for various internal business partners including sales, marketing, legal/franchise and product teams globally.
• Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions is a team within the EDS (data warehouse) division of MasterCard providing enterprise (spanning across the globe) business intelligence solutions
• The Business Intelligence (BI) tools we offer deliver data insights that enable both MasterCard and our customers to make smart business decisions as we move our brands forward in the global marketplace.
• The Business Leader, Business Analyst leads a team that engages upfront with our business partners and product owners for new initiatives.
• The role is responsible for leading a team to define scalable, comprehensive solutions, working and coordinating across EDS teams.
• The ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of payment systems, product knowledge and data warehouse technology experience including data analysis and BI reporting.
• Do you have experience working with GP&S, Advisors, Legal, Sales, Account Teams and external customers?
• Do you have experience with problem solving such as analyzing issues, identifying problems and developing recommended, scalable solutions?
• Are you an effective communicator who is comfortable challenging status quo, influencing others, and driving change at an enterprise level?
• Responsible for leading a team that defines scalable, comprehensive solutions, working and coordinating across EDS teams
o Lead in the development of strong partnerships with business and technical product owners
o Develop and communicate an engagement process and standard templates to make it easy for our business partners to work with us
o Manage and develop team members to build strong partnerships, understand our data, and ensure strong relationships are built across the company
o High level definition of appropriate Data Warehouse/BI/Analytic solutions to meet business needs
o Identify the of level of involvement needed across EDS – core/ETL, reporting/BI, application, data science, ad hoc, etc. and navigate EDS as needed to ensure our business partners have a seamless experience
o Coordinate/review recommendations with impacted EDS groups
• Develop team to drive a paramount user experience and business solution by leveraging:
o User Interviews/Journey Maps
o Solution Recommendation
• Enable the team to successfully engage throughout process and navigate roadblocks with focus in following phases/facets:
o Business Requirements
o Functional Requirements and UAT Support
o Participates in Status Meetings and Post-Implementation Reviews
o Primary level of engagement is early in the project defining business requirements
All About You
• Strong leadership and relationship building skills including the ability to work at all levels in the organization
• Highly motivated and proactive, strong initiative and resourceful leader; enthusiastic, action-oriented, strong sense of accountability
• Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to influence
• Strong strategic mindset with proven analytical and quantitative skills; experience with BI technologies/tools (such as WebFOCUS, MSBI, and Tableau) a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills/relationship management and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to effectively liaison between the Business and Technical Development teams to articulate a final result/solution/product
• Ability to structure and manage team’s workload of multiple projects, constantly re-assessing priorities to meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects; being resourceful, with ability to find creative solutions where they are not obvious
• Ability to manage and evolve new team by building and communicating engagement processes across the organization and preparing the team to build and manage these relationships as multiple requests come into EDS
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85029