MasterCard Consultant, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software Engineering
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing authentication and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does online authentication today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Architect and provide technical leadership for major new initiatives targeting authentication.
• Analyze and design authentication strategy, roadmaps and solution architectures for new and existing business opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership, and mentor other technical resources.
• Work closely with other ESS architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of vendors and their strategy
• Estimate and plan new efforts
• Provide technical leadership and support to our business partners specific to emerging authentication technologies and standards
• Establish technical requirements for authentication certification programs
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Knowledge of advanced authentication techniques on mobile and web based platforms
• Web Services – REST/XML/ WSDL/SOAP – Advanced Level.
• J2EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss & WebSphere.
Advanced skills and knowledge of Hibernate & Spring.Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to architect and provide technical leadership to large and complex systems
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high performance, high availability transaction processing systems and multi-tiered web applications
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
• Experience specifying hardware/software requirements, and estimating complex IT efforts
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
o Oracle & PL/SQL o Solaris/UNIX & Red Hat Linux
o Angular 2.0.
o Fusion Tools including Jira, Crucible, & Bamboo / Jenkins
o Security Coding Techniques and Tools - Fortify, & OWASP vulnerabilities
o Subversion Source Control
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-65573