MasterCard Consultant, Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software Engineer
Candidate will successfully lead a development team, interacting with the business and analysts to write design documents by researching alternative technical solutions that are not only innovative but cost effective and high quality. Exciting opportunity to use Unix and SQL skills to work on large volumes of data and products of the payments industry. Lead software engineering projects and create the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions. Research alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s.
The primary role is to lead a team of software engineers and be responsible and accountable for the deliverable.
The candidate should be well versed with Agile and Safe best practices to help the team incorporate the best practices.
Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs). Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
•Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions. Create solution definition and solution architecture. Assist Management in Business Case Development and Scenario Planning leading to an effective decision making process. Make presentations to the Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders.
•Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application appropriate frameworks and provide recommendations to Management. Perform PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help Department in the selection of Technology. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
•Partner with Project Managers in implementation of processes per the evolving needs of the team and the solutions. Create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist project manager with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project. Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team. Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Assist in vendor selection and RFI/RFP process.
•Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs through out the SDLC including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards. Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities. Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
•Lead and guide team through all phases of the SDLC of an application. Successfully lead production incident and problem management, identification of root cause and remediation of the problems. Mentor, coach and assist project team members. Provide Brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for the projects.
•Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of documentation through out the development lifecycle of the solution.
•Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
Knowledge / Experience (preferred):
• Experience with participating in the execution of transformational efforts
• Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote architecture.
• Experience driving strategic alignment of IT with the business.
• Experience creating a common architecture vision with IT and line of business leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to develop technology strategies that support IT and business strategies
• Experience identifying, analyzing, and proposing IT investment opportunities.
• Experience in the discovery, analysis, and application of industry trends.
• Experience facilitating cross functional teams and building consensus.
Skills / Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal and written, and visual forms
• Ability to translate between technical and business language and concepts
• A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
• The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed environment
• Ability to develop a strategic direction and lead in areas that have a high degree of ambiguity
• Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of business and IT stakeholders at all levels
• Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
• Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
• Demonstrated thought leadership on major strategic or transformational efforts
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-88773