MasterCard Consultant Security Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant Security Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Emerging Corporate Security Solutions Architecture (CSA) team is looking for a Lead Security Architect to join us working out of our O'Fallon Missouri or Arlington Virginia office. This role will be responsible for enterprise design, security requirements, standards, and reference architectures.
Architecture gurus live and breathe adherence to policy and requirements. Security obsess over keeping the company safe and in compliance. This person leverages their expertise of secure networking combined with their unwavering commitment to security frameworks and how they translate into enterprise solutions.
Mastercard utilizes a wide range of network and security technologies.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure engineering disciplines?
• Can you demonstrate an advanced working level in network and security best practices?
• Can you advise product and operational teams on how to securely design infrastructure platforms, applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing security?
• Can you analyze a platform architecture to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user?
• Responsible for security requirements, standards, and reference architectures to comply with policies and technical standards.
• Extensive knowledge of information security principles, theories, and concepts.
• Responsible for providing security consulting, recommend policy or strategic direction on a global scale with attention to detail and customer focus.
• Ensure business and functional requirements technically adhere to security policies.
• Determine security capabilities, gaps/overlaps and opportunities for improvements.
• Ability to manage multiple security initiatives across multiple platforms, networks and/or applied security technologies.
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
• Write documentation as required.
All About You:
• Undergraduate degree preferably in computer science or work experience equivalent of 7-10 years in information security disciplines
• CISSP or Industry recognized security certification desired.
• Experienced in security architecture concepts, design, implementation, authentication, data protection and privacy within the domain of infrastructure and applications.
• Ensure complex network connectivity follows approved designs, matrix and policy.
• Understanding of Security Frameworks (NIST, ISO, PCI, …).
• Knowledge and technical security experience in Cryptography, including several of the following: PKI, Digital Certificates, SSL, Hashing, Encryption techniques, etc.
• Knowledge of firewalls, hardware security modules, threat prevention and detection.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of the security architecture of web-based network environments and secure communication between environments.
• Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain Internet facing applications.
• Experience with software defined networking concepts and CI/CD tools.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-134644