MasterCard Consultant, Information Security Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Information Security Engineering
The Corporate Security Control Validation team is responsible for conducting control effectiveness assessments and advisory support to continuously improve the control environment that ensures the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the Mastercard network, systems and applications. The Information Security Engineering Consultant will be responsible for:
• Evaluating the current control environment
• Identifying gaps and designing new controls
• Identifying improvement and automation opportunities
• Developing and implementing control testing
• Reporting on control effectiveness
• Re-engineering existing controls to eliminate future failures
• Plan, execute and document self-assessments and reviews of the control environment, including assessing risks, determining scope, executing test procedures, and reporting results
• Evaluate compliance with legal, regulatory, operational and IT policies and procedures
• Assess business and IT operating risks/controls and make recommendations for improvement
• Consult with management in determining action items required for resolution of control issues
• Develop a control monitoring program to identify opportunities for improvement
• Working with other teams within Corporate Security such as the Governance Risk and Compliance team to ensure controls are compliant to regulatory, customer and policy requirements
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in information technology or equivalent experience
• CISSP, CISA or other relevant certifications are a plus
• Strong knowledge of Information Security controls and related operations
• Strong ability to create, validate, optimize, and automate security controls, workflows and closed-loop processes
• Experience working with UNIX, HP Nonstop, Windows and Mainframe environments
• Experience in Access management a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Previous experience in significant process improvements, with ability to meet project deliverables
• Advanced MS Office skills (primarily Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of enterprise financial systems (e.g. Oracle/Hyperion, SAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-63193