MasterCard Consultant, ESB Engineer (BizOps) in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, ESB Engineer (BizOps)
The Shared Components and Security Solutions BizOps team is looking for a Consultant to support the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). This role will be a key player on the team leading automation efforts, troubleshooting issues with end-users, and taking an active role in resolving incidents by following Biz Ops best practices.
We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications. Biz Ops teams also focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. A biz ops focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities and centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders.
Ultimately, the role of biz ops is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
For all team members:
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Provide on-call support of critical business infrastructure and applications. This involves performing support for scheduled maintenance activities and Level 2 and 3 support for issues.
• At times, resources within this position are required to initiate vendor support to investigate complex scenarios that often involve active working sessions with the vendor to troubleshoot and identify solutions.
• Conduct detailed analysis on issue investigation and determine the best path to resolution.
• Provide consultation for application infrastructure design and assist with determining adherence to established standards and best practices.
• Work hand in hand with global team in collaboration and knowledge sharing events such as instructional email communications and regular training meetings.
• Assist in providing detailed post-incident summaries on impacting events for Senior Management and Team Members.
• Lead and provide direction on conference calls during critical application outages. This involves the need to interpret errors verses the user experience in order to track down where the issue might be within a 4 Tier Enterprise Infrastructure.
• Play a hybrid role of Configuration and support role.
• Experience in IBM Data power is required.
• Experience in troubleshooting the SSL Handshake errors is required
• Experience in CA Layer 7 Policy Manager 8.x / 9.x will be an added advantage
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Full stack, deep network protocol understanding, and how various protocols (HTTP, Web Sockets, gRPC and TCP sockets, IP, UDP, DNS, TLS) play in the OSI model.
• Understanding of principles of availability & consistency.
• Experience with multiple persistence patterns and the ability to ensure high performance, scale and reliability configurations.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-74717