MasterCard Business Intelligence Tech Lead, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Business Intelligence Tech Lead, Software Engineering
• The Business Intelligence and API enablement program enables business insights for every transaction. Our vision is to provide a secure, scalable, resilient, high performing and multi-tenant global data warehouse allowing consistent data and analytics experiences through innovative shared components, business intelligence and API services
• Provide technical leadership for Business Intelligence solutions that meet specific business needs.
• Ensure adherence to system and quality processes.
• Lead performance tuning, design and development projects for the BI platforms under our area
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to understand requirements and deliver appropriate story elaboration to drive software solutions.
• Consult across teams and across service lines to define new opportunities
• Establish program level strategies and roadmaps across platform services
• Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions and policies
• Manage and improve the cost/benefit of a function/service
• Effectively communicate with peers, management, business owners, and other stake holders.
All about you
• BS/BA in related discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology).
• Knowledge and experience on using Microsoft BI stacks, Power BI, SSRS, SSSA, and SSIS, SQL Server for Data Analysis, development of reports and ETL jobs.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business teams.
• Experience working with large data repositories is desired
• Experience working with Oracle and/or Snowflake is a plus
• Experience working with Cloudera Hadoop is a plus
• Understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies is required.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new processes, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a lead member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Strong relationship, collaboration and organizational skills.
• Java, Spring, Maven, REST, micro-service and cloud native application development practices are a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138416