MasterCard Biz Ops Engineer II in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Biz Ops Engineer II
Provides support for inControl Development through analysis, design, scripting and delivery of viable infrastructure solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Design and deliver inControl infrastructure solutions that satisfy member,
product, service and backbone requirements.
• Resolve inControl architectural and operational problems impacting
infrastructure and product availability and performance globally.
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in
MasterCard’s inControl infrastructure.
• May assume lead and total accountability for ongoing regional projects as
assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control;
resource utilization and implementation.
• Implement, manage and support internet infrastructure components while
leveraging current standards and best practices.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and
configuration management for MasterCard inControl components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production
execution of all relevant systems.
• BS Degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
All About You :
• Experience in internet fundamentals related to web servers,
application servers, internet security and other internet technologies.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network and operating system
• Thorough knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet
infrastructure design and/or web administration.
• Exposure to a JAVA application server in a production environment, such as
WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish or WebLogic (or other similar product).
Additional familiarity and experience with Apache, WebSEAL, DNS
administration and SSL troubleshooting is preferred.
• Experience with Unix, SunOS and/or Linux is preferred.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under
pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the
ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship
and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a
member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-165440