MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer - API Consultancy & Standards in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer - API Consultancy & Standards
Mastercard Developers (https://developer.mastercard.com) is the primary platform for Mastercard partners to access a diverse range of payment, data, loyalty, and security APIs. The team is responsible for delivering an experience that ensures developers can quickly find the right API, assess its technical capabilities, and integrate it into new and innovative solutions. We are looking for a technically strong, versatile and customer-obsessed Lead Software Development Engineer for the team. You will play a key role in designing and developing next-generation digital products and services in Mastercard for internal and external developers.
• Have you designed and implemented complex systems that you are proud of?
• Are you comfortable with multiple programming languages and tools?
• Have you demonstrated your expertise in implementing frontend and backend systems?
• Do you look forward to work in a role where you own products and assume multiple responsibilities?
• Do you rank yourself high on paying attention to detail?
• Have you had your customers recognize you for extraordinarily meeting their needs and expectations?
• Have you introduced automation to gain efficiency?
• Creates tools and products that help internal service owners onboard their services on the developer portal
• Contributes to development and maintenance of the constantly evolving existing API Platform products
• Offers help to service owners with their onboarding efforts
• Evaluates the solutions offered through the developer portal and takes proactive steps in improving their quality
• Owns and contributes to Mastercard Open Source projects that offer API Client signing and encryption libraries
• Generates creative ideas to continually improve the processes in place and executes them collaboratively
All about you
• Very strong object-oriented design and development skills
• Demonstrated experience in developing backend and frontend systems
• Comfortable with databases and optimizing DB queries
• Experience in designing and delivering APIs, security models, Open API standards and tools
• Excellent leadership, influential and writing skills
• Offers high-value contributions to the product, team and the company proactively
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139013