MasterCard Senior Performance Engineer - Linux in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Performance Engineer - Linux
Good opportunity for a solid performance tuning and event management administrator to join a great team and have a direct impact on critical Mastercard services. You’ll play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Mastercard.
• The candidate will enable complex performance testing, monitoring and tuning of Virtual machines (KVM) and host running on Linux (RHEL/CentOS) servers to ensure system service level objectives
• Analyzes highly complex system resource usage and configures CPU and memory resources.
• Work with development initiatives to proactively provide input on design/implementation considerations to ensure good performance.
• Create architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run books
• Data analysis and drill down for root cause analysis using both manual and automated techniques
• Maintain a high-level understanding of emerging cloud and virtualization technologies
• Application of machine learning techniques to develop models which generate real time data analytics
• Solve problems in complex environments - investigate, fix and resolve issues.
• Communicate findings and provide recommendations to other teams to improve product quality and performance
• Bachelors or master’s degree in mathematics, computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
• Experience with Linux (RHEL/CentOS) Systems, including kernel and user space tools, as well as virtualization technologies (especially KVM).
• Strong troubleshooting skills and hands on knowledge of profiling/debugging tools such as DTrace, gdb, perf, or SystemTap.
• Practical experience with modern Linux systems and systems programming concepts like C, sockets, virtual memory, and the process life cycle.
• Confident in shell scripting and Linux system administration, including network configuration
• Analytical mind with attention to detail and desire to probe further
• Good communication skills: both written and verbal, along with the ability to communicate complex procedures
• Excellent organizational skills, along with the ability to remain focused on completing tasks and meeting goals
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130146