MasterCard Senior DevOPs Engineer in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior DevOPs Engineer
Job Description: Mastercard is currently looking for an individual with Linux experience to support, manage and enhance all administrative functions associated with Mastercard Physical Edge servers in an automated and proactive manner. You’ll play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Mastercard.
• Using automation and advanced monitoring to deploy, manage and ensure stability and high availability of multiple Virtual Machines running on a large server fleet of Linux servers (RHEL/CENTOS).
• Automate operational and server provisioning workflows using Ansible
• Prevent customer impact through excellent monitoring and pre-emptive actions but if incidents do occur address them in a timely manner.
• Ability to work a rotational on-call schedule
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of DevSecOps standard tools, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
• Operate within the ITIL model including Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands on experience with RHEL/CENTOS including system administration experience.
• Hands on experience with Ansible in creation/modification of infrastructure as code configurations
• Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous Integration and End - to-End automation for all builds and deployments.
• Experience using Splunk for analysis and maintaining logs.
• Working experience with hands on knowledge of KVM Virtualization platform
• Scripting experience (Shell, PERL, Python, BASH or similar)
• Experience with firewall technologies
• Experience with creating and improving documented procedures using Ansible playbooks.
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130149