MasterCard Senior Counsel - Regulatory Affairs in New York, United States
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Counsel - Regulatory Affairs
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business, connecting cardholders, customers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard has been rapidly expanding its wide range of payment solutions by increasing worldwide connectivity in the account-to-account space, enhancing compliance capabilities and offering more robust foreign exchange tools. We are seeking an experienced payments lawyer to join our Global Regulatory team to support our cross-border account-to-account business.
This position is integral to a Mastercard strategic initiative and will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Regulatory Affairs. The ideal candidate is an experienced regulatory attorney with a deep background in payments and financial technology, who thrives working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
The Senior Counsel, Regulatory Affairs will act as an advisor to various functions across our global Cross-Border Services business, providing practical, actionable legal advice on the regulations applicable to the business. This role will collaborate and coordinate with other members of the Global Regulatory Team to manage the regulatory supervision and compliance of our money transmission and payment services activities.
In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert on regulatory requirements at the state and federal level, track market trends and movements while assessing implications to the business. In this role you will be leading the effort to prepare various submissions to state and federal regulators.
Key activities include:
• Participate in the development and execution of regulatory strategy
• Advising product and other business teams to ensure Mastercard products and services, and our regulated subsidiaries, comply with applicable regulation
• Training and educating clients on regulatory requirements, expectations, and risks
• Manage ongoing supervision, including regulatory examinations, and ensuring the business meets all reporting obligations.
• Be the point of contact for internal and external regulatory queries
• Partner closely with other members of the Global Regulatory Team, AML Compliance and Finance on meeting regulatory compliance obligations
• Maintain strong industry knowledge of regulations, changes, trends and impacts to the business
• Manage external counsel as necessary, and review and analyze regulatory advice for advancing strategic initiatives
All About You
• JD from an established and reputable law school, with extensive experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department (preferably both).
• Experience with cross-border payments and knowledge of money transmitter / payment services regulations a must
• Experience managing regulatory supervision preferred
• Proven success in navigating a multi-national organization and operating effectively within a diverse multicultural organization
• Self-starter / motivated to work independently and as an effective team member
• Must demonstrate a proactive, time sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations and responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120742