MasterCard Platform Software Engineer in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Platform Software Engineer
• Develop new features and enhance existing Mastercard proprietary platform software written in Python and Go Lang.
• Work closely with product managers and Operations teams to understand the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
• Establish realistic estimates for timelines and ensure that project remains on target to meet deadlines.
• Contribute to code quality through unit testing, integration testing, code review, and system design using Python.
• Assist in diagnosing and fixing system failures quickly when they occur in your area of expertise. This is limited to when the on-call rotation needs a subject matter expert to help troubleshoot an issue.
• Design and implement RESTful API endpoints using the Python /Go programming language.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands on experience with RHEL/CENTOS
• Extensive programming experience using Python as a programming language
• Hands on experience with Python 3.8 or above
• Familiarity with Test Driven Development methodologies.
• Good knowledge of network protocols and client/server engineering
• Knowledge of Go programming language preferred but not necessary.
• Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• A record of successful delivery of SaaS and cloud-based applications.
• A commitment to producing robust, testable code.
. Results-driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130152