MasterCard Linux Virtualization Solution Architect in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Linux Virtualization Solution Architect
• Performs independent high-level design of the Linux (RHEL/CentOS) based KVM Virtualization Platform
• Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
• Works with systems users in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns for complex projects.
• Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
• Generates a set of acceptance test requirements for complex systems, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user to determine that all the high-level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
• May participate in business development activities.
• Work with architecture team and development team as the expert in Virtualization domain of architecture.
• Build and develop strategy documentation and architectural artifacts.
• Work with engineers and architects on technology selection, architecture, and planning activities.
• Investigate and evaluate next generation technologies, present proposals to solve current and future business and technical challenges.
• Incorporate latest industry trends and advances into the solution and product portfolio.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Certification in RHEL systems administration, engineering, architecture or virtualization.
• Building and Managing Virtual Machines using KVM based Hypervisors: Expert 7+ Years
• Solid experience with templating and automation scripting (Chef, Python, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell, Bash, etc.). Expert 5+ Years
• Experience with Open Source and Commercial Virtualization Management tools (VM's and Containers) Expert 5+ Years
• Experience implementing and using DevOps for Infrastructure Services Expert 5+ Years
• Experience with implementing Infrastructure as Code Expert 5+ Years
• Networking fundamentals -> VLANs, VIPs, TCP vs UDP vs HTTP Intermediate 3 - 5 Years
• Security Fundamentals -> SSL /TLS versions, Encryption/Decryption Intermediate 3 - 5 Years
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130132