MasterCard Director, Product Manager, MPGS – North America in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Manager, MPGS – North America
In this role, Director, Product Manager will be responsible for managing the commercialization plan and product roadmap with Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS) key partner(s) headquartered in the U.S. with operations across the globe. Director will combine customer requirements with MPGS features and capabilities to construct the proposition that best meet the partner needs, as well as MPGS objectives. To do this, the Director needs to jointly establish strategic goals, considering capabilities, scale and reach of the reseller and execute against it to help reseller maximize potential. This role presents an opportunity for cross functional team leadership, exposure to multi-market customers, and executive visibility. Additional opportunities may evolve to support RFPs and new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone who has both a level of decent understanding of payments/acceptance/gateway business, strong project and relationship management skills to manage customers from strategy-setting to go-live, while growing our gateway business with the customer/reseller partner.
• Define and develop MPGS product strategy & roadmap for reseller globally, leveraging MPGS capabilities, priorities, and roadmap items. Serve as Product Expert for features in use.
• Lead a cross-functional team including stakeholders from Global Product, Operations &Technology, Legal, Finance, Account Team and Customer Delivery for product implementations with high complexity and visibility. Collect and validate business requirements for custom development asks.
• Identify expansion or optimization opportunities for MPGS features/services and provide guidance on how to maximize value on an ongoing basis.
• Build and foster strategic working relationships at both an executive and below level.
• Advocate for the customer internally. Share Voice of Customer, feedback and insights with global product and other stakeholders for consideration into product roadmap or to improve processes.
• Create team wide presentations, strategy documents and update materials to be shared with executive management – perform quarterly business reviews in alignment with Account Team.
• Maintain management reporting and provide continual and timely updates on individual workstream activity.
• Understand the digital payment & acceptance space, establish self as trusted SME and advise reseller of market trends to consider in joint product roadmap.
• Up to 20-30% travel is expected.
All About You:
• Sound business judgment with established strategic/conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills.
• Excellent project management skills, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent presentation skills, both drafting and presenting, strong executive presence.
• Strong Business Acumen & Technical fluency – ability to lead technical conversations, while keeping MPGS’ and customers’ business priorities and drivers top of mind, and persuade others to take action.
• Capable of working under pressure – navigating complex initiatives, competing priorities, customer requirements and constant change.
• Proficient knowledge of the payments landscape – preferably with background in technology, acceptance, digital and/or acquirer roles - with a keen eye on business needs.
• Self-starter and a team player, who work collaboratively with other internal cross-functional teams.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179568