MasterCard Director, Solution Engineering (Contactless / Digital Payments / Wallets) in New York, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Solution Engineering (Contactless / Digital Payments / Wallets)
The goal of the Digital Payments organization is to create, build and deploy digital payment products and services across multiple channels and verticals around the world, driving Mastercards growth. The Channels team is chartered with engaging with non-traditional channels to deploy packaged products and solutions.
Mastercards digital solutions need to utilize the capabilities of devices; run on mobile operating system; interface with new merchant technology as well as leverage the reach of digital networks and wallet operators. Therefore, to be successful, it is critical that we engage and advance our agenda with these parties to combine our assets to bend the future our way.
o We will leverage device capabilities, scale and reach of these non-traditional players
o We will embed Mastercard in the transaction chain
o We will protect the interests of our traditional customers
o We will also advance the Mastercard brand
We aim to achieve these goals through direct engagement with global partners such as Google, Apple, Samsung, Facebook and by equipping the regional teams with propositions to engage with regional players, e.g. merchants, telcos. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team and help build unique digital payment solutions and help shape the evolution of the payments industry. We are looking for Engineers to join our Solutions Engineering Team who can help build compelling and scalable solutions while maintaining simplicity and usability.
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Do you enjoy solving problems that have no clear cut solution?
Do you enjoy developing simple User Experiences for complex problems?
You are passionate about deploying and implementing solutions. You are adept at analyzing process flows, architecture designs and implementations and like to address real world problems with engineering solutions that scale, and have the ability to work and oversee many teams concurrently at a technical and business level. You will work closely with our business partners, product development, technology and user experience design teams to assess, design and implement new digital products and services.
- Lead technical engagements with various digital players to design solutions that leverage Mastercards products suites and assets
- Partner with digital players to articulate their business and technical requirements must be proficient in systems, applications and software programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support
- Define Mastercard technology roadmap/strategy for each digital player
- Design solutions and communicate them through clear documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
- Determine and advance operational feasibility through problem definition, project scope
- Working closely with Products, Services and Operations/Technology groups at MasterCard and with our partners, to facilitate partners technical integration to our solutions; collaborate effectively with software developers, processing and software architecture engineers and product managers to solve complex problems
- Liaise with prototyping group to create prototypes and help with sales and/or implementation process
- Collaborate with Project Management team to provide projects scope and requirements
- File for intellectual property when new/unique solutions are created through the process of identifying relevant solutions for our partners
- Comply with rules of engagement, including business models and data strategy and ensure that Mastercards interests are protected and progressed
All About You
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience required
Expert level technical experience in payments on the product development, processing, and/or merchant side of the business
Prior knowledge of Mastercard Digital Payments and Core Systems products a plus
Knowledge of web and mobile technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS etc) and designing and implementing software a strong plus
Knowledge of Global Platform specifications
Knowledge of EMVCo specifications
A good technical understanding and experience of working with developers and technical architects in systems and solutions development or design
Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification and the ability to balance tactical commercial needs against the needs of strategic architecture
Self-starter, strong analytical ability with good attention to detail and a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
Strong project management skills required; will need to handle multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external global business partners; influencing skills
Strong research and analytical skills
Ability to digest complex data and problems and make recommendations with sound judgment
Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
The qualified candidate will report to the Vice President, Solution Engineering
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition ID: R-66386