MasterCard Director Digital Payments Product Management in New York, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director Digital Payments Product Management
Mastercard’s digital payments strategy is accelerating the transition from card payments to digital payments, using mobile phones and other devices to support issuers, merchants, and wallet providers. Consumers are expanding their range of digital activity across channels/devices every day, and you can be a key contributor in driving this evolution.
The Digital Payments Strategy and Product Management team leads this effort by:
• Setting the Digital Payments product strategy and creating compelling product offerings to meet the needs of the various customer segments
• Ensuring the robust, market-ready quality of all MDES services
• Delivering increased security and convenience to consumers by managing the tokenization of Mastercard accounts through the application of rules, standards and services for issuers seeking to use third party token service providers
• Fostering consistency within the industry by overseeing the strategy for the adoption of token-related standards developed through EMVCo
The role is immediately responsible for the product management of digital payment product initiatives with internal partners, customers and service providers.
• Have you ever managed a product on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you hold up high standards and partner with others around you to achieve them?
• Do you have a proven track record of delivering tangible results?
• Evolve Mastercard’s digital strategy through the development and implementation of new programs that support industry-wide tokenization. Specifically, evolve the Mastercard Token Service Provider (TSP) program to strategically address emerging tokenization needs inclusive of merchant card on file, guest checkout and commerce platform payments. Create and incorporate new use cases into the Mastercard rules, TSP Standards, and certification programs. Coordinate with key internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are in place for compliance with the new standards across Mastercard.
• Educate our regional product teams/customer delivery organizations on new use cases to assist them in implementing customers on the new programs.
• Inform issuers and their service providers the new use cases and the associated support requirements.
• Ensure in partnership with the regional teams that issuers using third party token service providers meet the established deadlines to come into compliance with TSP standards as they are introduced.
• Drive other digital payment product opportunities from ideation through implementation as needed by the organization.
All About You
• Outstanding record of building and managing products that deliver new payments industry services, including experience launching new initiatives with non-traditional payment providers in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple and competing priorities.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to strategy but will also be able to quickly switch to fine, technical detail level when required to understand customer requirements and design services, and when decisions and issue resolution is required.
• Strong leadership skills in working with multi-disciplinary teams of both a technical and business nature.
• Excellent project management skills, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
• Creates ideas and enhancements for the product roadmap, achieves buy-in from relevant stakeholders and drives cross-functional teams to execute.
• Experience of developing, launching and maintaining mobile and eCommerce payment services.
• Ability to understand complex business needs, competitive offerings, and industry trends and translate them to customer-facing solutions.
• Awareness of Global Platform standards, contactless, EMV and Mmgnetic stripe transaction processing systems.
• Proven ability to write clear and effective product documentation from business requirements, through to implementation guides and promotional materials.
• Ability and willingness to travel to attend meetings with Customers, or others as business may require.
• eCommerce transaction systems and processing
• Contactless and/or mobile payments
• Credit and debit card payments – Mag Stripe and EMV
• Detailed knowledge of transaction processing
Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree or MBA a definite plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-63336