MasterCard Vice President, Technical Program Management in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Technical Program Management
Are you a technical program leader who wants to shape the cloud platform for Mastercard’s digital, marketing, loyalty, and business services (DML) products? Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development? Do you want to help enable the strategy to transform our monoliths into cloud based, micro-services platform while providing our developers with the necessary tools and workflows for development, code management, testing, deployment, and monitoring automation?
The VP of Technical Program Management leads the program that enables engineering teams to decouple from their legacy monoliths, to build capabilities into a unified catalog of reusable micro services, and to provide our developers with the tools and framework to build and deploy software efficiently in a cloud enabled architecture.
In this role, you will:
• Unify distributed engineering efforts and own the plan to deliver high-profile new tools and features for developers to build and deploy scalable, fault-tolerant microservices.
• Advocate and champion for the developer experience driving their priorities into the roadmap.
• Set the success metrics delivery expectations for the organization.
• Expertly communicate statuses regularly, ensuring that issues are appropriately called out to keep delivery on track
• Identify, prioritize, and conceptualize strategic initiatives across DML teams that will provide developers with high-impact improvements and delivery velocity
All about you:
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Comfortable defining enterprise level strategies and driving projects spanning entire organizations
• Passionate about our developers with a clear understanding of and emphasis on the developer as your customer
• Experience and proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), microservice design, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• Experience in agile delivery methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and CI/CD automation tools
• Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Extensive technical aptitude, previous experience as a developer, quality engineer, or DevOps engineer is highly preferred
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individual engineers across the organization
• Huge plus if you have payments expertise and experience/proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• Extensive experience in technical program delivery experience including time developing software
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-70404