MasterCard Vice President, Product Management in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Product Management
Are you a technical product leader who wants to shape the cloud platform for Mastercard’s digital, marketing, loyalty, and business services (DML) products? Are you a leader of leaders who is passionate about developing those working for you while building and nurturing an inclusive team culture? Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
We are breaking up our DML monoliths and re-platforming features into re-usable microservices and APIs while we continue to innovate and deliver results for our customers. The VP of Product Management – Technical (PM-T) leads a global organization of PM-Ts who are setting the vision and direction for the micro-services and APIs/SDKs that form the building blocks of our cloud platform. Your PM-Ts synthesize, prioritize, and groom requirements into user stories, prioritize the backlog, and define the acceptance criteria, to continuously deliver high quality features in our scrum delivery model.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Transform business analysts and systems analysts delivering projects into full stack PM-Ts building platform components and executing in scrum methodology
• Define the structures and operating mechanisms to run your organization while shifting to a data driven and continuous learning culture across your organization
• Inspect the roadmaps, backlogs and associated delivery plans of your PM-Ts using your own tech depth, product development experience and business acumen to assess risks and continuously raising the bar across all platform product dimensions
• Define and build your own scorecard to continuously monitor and analyze roadmap durability, backlog health, velocity, quality, feature throughput, product performance and use this data to drive incremental improvements across DML engineering
• Build and cultivate strong internal customer relationships to establish engagement models for your team, ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with expectations, and uncover cross company requirements
• Empower the full autonomy of our teams by shifting to a bottoms up management approach
• Handle escalations
• Actively encourage the development of your managers and your staff while continuously raising the bar on performance, technical depth, product management results, and people management as you hire new PM-Ts
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Extensive experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Demonstrated experience as a leader of leaders with the ability to develop technical talent (both managers and individual contributors)
• Can debate the product merits with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
• Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.).
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• Ability to attract and recruit talent
• Huge plus if you have expertise in Payments, IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, microservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• BS/MBA in related discipline.
• 7-10 years product development experience including time developing people
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-68190