MasterCard Tech (Mobile iOS & Android) Lead Software Engineer in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Tech (Mobile iOS & Android) Lead Software Engineer
This is a hands-on role to lead the architecture, design, and development of mobile initiatives. As a tech lead in the mobile division, you would be expected to lead a team of 5 - 6 members for the development of iOS and Android based applications. This role is a part of SRC program that supports SDK development for iOS and Android platforms. The work is divided into 2 parts, delivery of ongoing product functionalities and, performing POCs for feasibility study of new product features.
• Advanced level knowledge of React and React Native
• Advanced level knowledge of Node.js
• Experience in interfacing with RESTful services
• Experience integrating 3rd Party SDKs
• Passion for design principles, patterns and practices
• Depth of experience in custom UI design, animations and interactions
• Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and work in a self-directed manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
• Comfortable working with UX, Visual and Motion Designers
Desirable skills/experience (but not requirements)
• Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience in both start-up and corporate environments
• Experience with development in building apps for both iOS and Android
• Any experience with native iOS (ObjC/Swift) or native Android (Java/Kotlin) development
• Experience with cloud computing platforms
• Financial services, banking and payment systems experience
• Flexibility in technology and tools choices
• Good communication and interaction skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-121733