MasterCard Sr. Engineer- Software Engineering-1 in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Engineer- Software Engineering-1
Application Frameworks Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Senior Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc.Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a Lead Engineer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs.
• Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
• Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with building Spring boot applications, REST API’s, NO/SQL data bases and actively participate in R&D on the new frameworks
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
• Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools
• Understanding of cloud eco system is must and have done hands on implementations on creating web applications for internal or external cloud.
• Deep understanding of Software programing concepts specially in Java/JEE
All About You
• Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
• Hands on experience required and will be part of the day to day activities
o Combination of more than one technology platform including
Micro services working experience
Experience with modern web, distributed, event driven Architecture
Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Node JS or Express JS or similar, Web & Application Server ( Server App Design & Technology Skills ), Web Services, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
o Application Security including Information security principles & realization, web app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
• Experience implementing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions
• Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
• Solid experience of working in project teams
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-93089