MasterCard Specialist, Product Experience Design, NAM in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Specialist, Product Experience Design, NAM
Specialist, Product Experience Design, NAM (North America Market)
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments networks. At Mastercard, we believe that the future of our business depends on our ability to help our partners define and deliver great experiences. In support of that, we are driving a comprehensive Customer Experience & Design approach to develop innovative products using customer-centric strategic and design approaches.
In this role, you will create compelling user experiences for next-generation products that drive adoption, usage, and engagement.
The ideal candidate enjoys creating experience design for strategic projects and shaping them into an optimal user experience. This role will be involved in workshops, planning and executing product design projects, building user journeys and high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate innovative new payment technologies and solutions.
The Specialist, Product Experience Design will:
• Produce, test and iterate product experience artifacts, including user flows, interaction models, prototypes, wireframes, low/high fidelity sketches, and design specifications
• Translate use cases into clear visual direction through UX/UI design artifacts such as user flows, journey maps, concepts, wireframes, high-fidelity designs and prototypes that result in coherent, holistic experiences.
• Design, create, edit, modify and manage new and existing visual product concepts, prototypes and user experience/interface demos to test/validate end-customer value proposition, flows and future state journeys and narratives
• Collaborate and/or co-create with regional product owners and cross-functional teams to define best UX solutions based on research, business case, and user needs.
• Create and refine visual assets for internal and external customer-facing meetings to prompt and facilitate ideation and planning discussions
• Leverage design best practices and standards; propose and codify new patterns, practices and standards as appropriate
• Design to elaborate on product/solution features and content, create detailed user flows in preparation for a market test or product/feature enhancement.
• Document user observations and product requirements, communicating across the team to build alignment on design requirements and product prioritization
• Manage feedback loops and channels to continuously improve product/solution visual experience design in North America Market (NAM)
• Undertake initiatives and projects to socialize and continuously improve adoption of design standards in North America region
• Track and maintain repository of North America regional product design assets and documentation for reporting, reference, and audit purposes.
• Create monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual and YOY reports about regional product design status, outcomes and success metrics.
• Represent North America Market (NAM) in global customer experience and design initiatives, projects, meetings and share regional perspective, nuance, context, lessons and ensure tools, processes and policies are relevant accordingly.
All About You:
• Strong skills and high proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision and Adobe Creative Cloud to generate compelling interaction designs and visually appealing interfaces and product concepts
• Experience in digital interface design; knowledge of user interface design processes and methodologies - able to define an end-to-end product design process
• Proficiency with UX principles, prototyping best practices and knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technologies
• Strong knowledge and practice of Design Thinking and Service Design
• Understanding of how CX / design fits into overall Agile and SDLC processes
• Ability to work from an existing visual style guide or design system, and to the ability propose net-new patterns as well.
• Experience in creating high fidelity designs and annotations, storyboards, user flows, customer journeys, site maps, etc.
• Strong communication skills - able to present work to stakeholders and lead conversations with stakeholders to extract insights and requirements
• Ability to work in matrixed environment with many partners and stakeholders
• Strong team player, creative, results driven, and takes initiative
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience in payments/fintech/B2B2C industry a plus
• A portfolio with samples of work and ability to describe rationale for design decisions.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $90,000 - $139,000
Westchester County Salary Range: $85,500 - $132,050
Remote New York Salary Range: $72,000 - $111,200
Colorado Salary Range: $72,000 - $111,200
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183799