MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineering in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Connect team is looking for a Front-end Software Development Engineer to create the next generation of great user experiences for Mastercard’s primary customer-facing website. We’re looking for a collaborative, visually-motivated engineer interested in building fluid, pixel-perfect web experiences. The ideal candidate has experience working in modern component frameworks, is versed in the latest tools, has strong sensibilities for user experiences and a product-driven mindset.
• Develop new user-facing features with an attention to details.
• Translate UX designs into high quality components that are modular, functional and testable.
• Mentor peers and guide less experienced team members.
• Iterate on UI toolkits and CI/CD tasks to create frictionless developer experiences.
• Keep up to date on industry shifts and be a (data-driven) advocate for modern tooling.
• Interface closely with service engineers to optimize the application’s performance/maintenance characteristics.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should possess:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience in a similar role
• Advanced knowledge of HTML, semantic markup, and accessibilty standards
• Advanced knowledge of CSS and modern layout techniques
• Advanced knowledge of JS and modern syntaxes (ES6+, TypeScript)
• Experience working with modern component frameworks (ReactJs, Vue, Angular)
• Experience with Git and versioning
• Experience working with large teams in an Agile environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120269