MasterCard Relaunch Your Career - Software Development Engineer II in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Relaunch Your Career - Software Development Engineer II
This position is for our Relaunch Your Career Program.
Our Relaunch Your Career program is a unique career development opportunity for professionals who want to rejoin the workforce after a career break. We know that maintaining work-life balance means that sometimes life takes a front seat. We provide a culture where you can be you and belong. Whether you have taken time off for development, to care for loved ones, or care for self, we want to offer a way back to work. You bring your experience, passion, and skills, and we provide you with support and a 4 month development journey to help you meet your professional and personal goals. The program is designed for those who have taken a career break of two years or more and interested in returning to work on a permanent basis. This year, we are welcoming applicants that have 1 year or more break due to pandemic conditions. This program is best suited for those with previous experience ideally gained in technology, financial services, and professional services organizations. We are looking for team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers to join our team.
As a Software Development Engineer in Data & Services, you will have the opportunity to build a high-performance analytics platform that advances how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from their data. Our next-generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
As a member of the Mastercard Intelligence team, you will help build real-time interactive applications for thousands of clients across the globe that allow users to compare the performance of their portfolio against benchmarks. The team will consist of full-stack developers focused on building a platform that leverages the Mastercard data and combining it with other data provided by 3rd parties and clients to power applications that help clients track performance and identify underperforming groups of customers. You will have the opportunity to build a high-performance analytics platform that advances how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from Mastercard data. Our next-generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
The teams work in small, flexible groups and every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter varies from building data pipelines to working on web apps to writing server-side calculation code to performance turning of large workloads. There are no rigid organizational structures at Mastercard; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
• Design and develop state of the art service-oriented software architectures
• Create cutting-edge algorithms and analytical techniques that can handle on-the-fly processing across hundreds of dimensions
• Play a central role in developing a powerful suite of web applications, and drive valuable improvements to the capabilities of our product
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with increasingly large data sets
• Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications
• Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
• Continue building expertise in full-stack development
• Apply your skills in computer science, math, and statistics to solve important problems faced by some of the world's largest organizations
• Innovate on code and database deployment methods for all applications developed by your team
All about you / Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Proficiency with advanced object-oriented programming
• Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Passion for solving varied and complex real-world problems
• Initiative and creativity in approaching new challenges
• Ability to thrive on small, highly collaborative project teams
• Solid technical foundation with a degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong communication skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137001