MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer
Distributed Platforms represents the next phase in the advancement of our digital transformation and is a significant evolution for MasterCard. We continue to grow our Platform as a Service organization to support aggressive growth plans. MasterCard is seeking a Principal Engineer to lead the implementation of Kubernetes. Looking for some who is passionate about technical strengths and enjoy working with Open source technologies & community.
• Responsible for business execution of goals and objectives and present Architecture design/details to senior leadership
• Work with other engineering teams across organization to manage internal and external dependencies to deliver quality product on time and on budget
• Hands on with design, develop, build and support secure open source Kubernetes platform and services
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through automation and infrastructure as code
• Current with industry trends on Cloud native deployments
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership in delivering a complete “Platform-as-a-Service” like Kubernetes or similar from ground up.
• Hands on Experience in standing up Kubernetes platform as well as working with workloads inside Kubernetes environment is required.
• Experience in open source components required for logging, monitoring, networking, securing, multi tenancy, etc for Kubernetes
• Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development. Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Google AppEngine, OpenStack or Azure
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, influence and partner with other teams with in organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Running Spark based analytics workloads inside Kubernetes is a plus.
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118373