MasterCard Principal, Network Architect in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal, Network Architect
• Develops new and modifies existing network platform capabilities to support business processes by mapping network platform/infrastructure components, identifying dependencies across systems/platforms and managing network infrastructure security, availability, recoverability, performance, integrity, and supportability
• Develop multi-cloud networking frameworks that covers IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, private data centers, colocations, business SDWAN and corporate SDWAN.
• Develop private cloud and public cloud networking strategy and design principles.
• Collaborate with stakeholders from businesses, applications and platforms teams and capture requirements.
• Develop cloud migration strategy for applications and network environments.
• Oversees the design and evolution of Mastercard's network architecture including developing and approving creative solutions to drive innovation in support of Mastercard's business strategies
• Drives efforts to optimize network performance by growing and modifying existing networks, leveraging new and emerging technologies in support of application services
• Oversees Mastercard's network security to ensure optimal network safeguard processes are in place and operational networks are running efficiently for hosted production systems
• Provides thought leadership to operationalize next generation networks throughout all environments, providing technical direction to Mastercard leadership around emerging trends and integrating cutting edge technical solutions for products and services
• Drives all process improvement initiatives to identify opportunities for automation and/or reduction in time to deployment
• Mentors and coaches technical talent to develop deep technical expertise at an organizational level
All about you
• Successfully led complex cross-functional network domain initiatives (i.e., network cloud connectivity), providing direction, establishing consistency, and communicating a unified network vision across Mastercard
• Successful track record developing architectural standards within global technology domains and sub-domains, defining and implementing global quality and consistency
• Successful track record selecting and evaluating new network technology that will adhere to innovative industry trends and practices
• Acts as a network technology evangelist in Mastercard, driving adoption of innovative solutions and consulting on complex issues to future-proof operations infrastructure strategies
• Successfully develops intellectual property to be applied to project work and shared with internal colleagues
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $167,000 - $275,000
Remote New York Salary Range: $133,600 - $220,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182237