MasterCard Principal Data Scientist in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Data Scientist
Want to help Mastercard drive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)? Excited by using massive amounts of disparate data to develop ML models? Eager to own the development of ML products that can be scaled across multiple geographies and enterprise use cases?
Mastercard's Small and Medium Business global product development unit is seeking a Principal Data Scientist to provide data-driven insights to influence and create solutions for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) to help them pay, get paid, get access to capital, and digitize their operations. This role provides an opportunity for you to dive deep into Mastercard’s data, tech stack, integration patterns, organizational capabilities, and the company-wide assets leveraged for the solutions Mastercard is developing to service the needs of Small and Medium Enterprises.
Assist program leadership by being able to deliver a ML project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, segmentation frameworks, profitability analysis, and deploying completed models with concept-drift monitoring and retraining to deliver business impact to the organization
Formulating a real-world enterprise scenario into a machine learning problem and think of optimal ways of solving it
Data wrangling with large data sets on the cloud to understand the properties of the data
Transforming data into innovative features/signals that can improve machine-learning tasks.
Participate in end-to-end machine learning model lifecycle, from prototyping, implementing & evaluating machine learning and deep learning models, followed by deployment and monitoring using Azure tools
Lead and participate in design, implementation, and execution of projects with data scientists from other teams within Mastercard
Self-learning new techniques and advances in machine learning from textbooks and research papers and applying them to your problem.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience
• On-the-ground direct experience with ML fields, e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, statistical learning theory
• Experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis
• Experience in an ML engineer or data scientist role building and deploying ML models or hands on experience developing deep learning models
• Experience writing code in Python, R, Scala, Java, C++ with documentation for reproducibility
• Experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, writing SQL, and working with GPUs to develop models
• Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, and giving data-driven presentations
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
• Master’s degree of PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
• Ability to develop strategic, baselined, data modeling processes; ability to accurately determine cause-and-effect relationships.
• Deep technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers’ organization
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146399