MasterCard Manager, Solutions Engineer - EMV / Tokenization / Devices / Wearables in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Solutions Engineer - EMV / Tokenization / Devices / Wearables
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you enjoy solving problems that have no clear cut solution?
• Do you enjoy developing simple User Experiences for complex problems?
The goal of the Solution Engineering team is to partner with digital and technology players to execute Mastercard’s digital strategy while identifying new business development and revenue generating opportunities.
We aim to achieve this goal through direct engagement with these partners and by packaging solutions leveraging Mastercard’s digital, Loyalty, Advisors, Security and Processing solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team, help build unique relevant solutions and shape the evolution of the payments industry for consumer device manufactures . We are looking for Engineers to join our Solutions Engineering Team who can help build compelling and scalable solutions while maintaining simplicity and usability.
• Support technical engagements with various digital players to design solutions that leverage Mastercard’s products suites and assets
• Partner with device manufacturers to articulate their business and technical requirements – must be proficient in systems, applications and software programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support
• Help define Mastercard technology roadmap/strategy for each digital partner
• Design solutions and communicate them through clear documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
• Determine and advance operational feasibility through problem definition, project scope
• Working closely with Products, Services and Operations/Technology groups at Mastercard and with our partners, to facilitate partners’ technical integration to our solutions; collaborate effectively with software developers, processing and software architecture engineers and product managers to solve complex problems
• Liaise with prototyping group to create prototypes and help with sales and/or implementation process
• Collaborate with Regional and local Project teams to provide projects scope and requirements
• File for intellectual property when new/unique solutions are created through the process of identifying relevant solutions for our partners
• Comply with rules of engagement, including business models and data strategy and ensure that Mastercard’s interests are protected and progressed
All About You:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience required
Good technical experience in payments on the product development, processing, and/or merchant side of the business
Prior knowledge of Mastercard digital Payments, Information Services and Core Systems products a plus
Knowledge of web and mobile technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS etc) and designing and implementing software a strong plus
A good technical understanding and experience of working with developers and technical architects in systems and solutions development or design
Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification and the ability to balance tactical commercial needs against the needs of strategic architecture
Self-starter, strong analytical ability with good attention to detail and a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
Strong project management skills required; will need to handle multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external global business partners; influencing skills
Strong research and analytical skills
Ability to digest complex data and problems and make recommendations with sound judgment
Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
The qualified candidate will report to the Vice President –Solution Engineering
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-101861