MasterCard Manager, Product Management, Real-Time Transaction Notifications API in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management, Real-Time Transaction Notifications API
Mastercard’s Open API team aims to develop and deliver world-class products and services that will transform how fintechs & developers are able to access API services. We have a goal to use APIs to increase the distribution potential of Mastercard assets to support a wider range of use cases. As part of this strategically important program, the Open API team leads the development and delivery of new ways for consumers to give consent for fintechs to access services and data on their behalf. Bringing to life Mastercard’s principles of data responsibility and enabling new experiences that will help to automate customer journeys and add more value to the consumer on a daily basis.
We are looking for a Product Manager to take the lead in helping us scale our Real-Time Transaction Notifications API into multiple markets with a focus on unlocking new use cases to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate will think strategically to identify impactful value props and market opportunity. The candidate will work with a cross-functional team of global and regional stakeholders to drive growth and provide periodic updates to key stakeholders in the organization.
• Do you have a passion for innovating with partners?
• Are you excited about scaling a new global proposition in digital?
• Are you willing to take a leadership role in Open Finance and to co-create customer-focused capabilities with fintechs?
• Are you motivated to drive real market change?
In your role you will:
• Engage strategic partners and cobrand issuers to identify new use cases and to create solid value props
• Analyze market trends, competition, and customer experience journeys to inform product and go-to-market strategies, driving product differentiation and innovation
• Partner with global and regional market expansion and commercialization teams to review voice of customer feedback
• Lead and execute with key principles of customer centricity, best-in-class customer and consumer experience all throughout the value chain for all stakeholders
• Partner with Product Development leads within the team to ensure alignment of the product features and offerings with the commercialization strategy, and ensure effective operational support
• Manage the customer onboarding pipeline and work with technical teams so that they can ensure the platform has the capacity to deliver high performance, reliability, elastic scale for commercial demand and in compliance with regulations
• Monitor and report on key program metrics
• Must be able to work with global teams and partners based in US & Europe time zones – office location flexible
All about you:
• Experienced in managing projects across cross-functional teams and geographies
• High-level knowledge of APIs, databases and Mastercard platforms is required
• Payment technology experience (auth, clearing, settlement) is required
• Scaled Agile program management (SaFe) would be a benefit.
• Comfort with and an ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities
• Strong communication skills and a savvy negotiator
• Digital fluency an interest in fintech trends & use cases
• Critical thinking and analytical ability
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150888