MasterCard Manager, Product Management, Network Products in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management, Network Products
The Manager, Network Products will join a team driving new innovative services for Mastercard’s global core payments network. The successful candidate will help define our technology, leading efforts from an initial problem statement and analysis, through development of options, presentation to leadership, leading into implementation. The role will involve data and financial analysis and close review of the technical functioning of our systems – and will also demand the ability to develop a strong business understanding of market needs and to assess the costs and benefits of alternative solutions to Mastercard and to customers. It will call for close collaboration with internal technical teams, regional market-facing teams and customers, product teams and other business owners within Mastercard to identify needs, shape our approach, and drive alignment around our proposals.
• Engage internal product teams and business owners, as well as regional market-facing teams and customers around the world, to identify and understand network needs and challenges
• Develop new innovative solutions and implement new on-behalf Mastercard services
• Perform analysis of internal data to size problems and opportunities, evaluate potential costs and revenues, understand geographic variation and customer behavior, and identify opportunities for improvement
• Collaborate closely with internal technology teams to develop a clear perspective on the systems and technical challenges behind a business need or problem statement – spend lots of time quizzing system experts and reviewing documentation
• Identify and validate alternative strategies to address those needs, with customer, business, technical, franchise and legal input as needed
• Maintain an independent mindset and view of the facts, develop a strong view of the best available approaches, make a compelling case and push hard for the right outcome – and stay flexible and pragmatic in your approach to getting things done
• Work with technical partners to estimate the cost of proposed enhancements, prioritize them and propose roadmaps for network components
• Build strong relationships with other business and technical teams whose input and support you will need to get to the right answer and see it implemented
• Develop narratives and visuals marshaling facts and analysis to support your recommendations, present them to key decisionmakers, and drive alignment among other teams and support from leadership
• Develop go-to-market strategies, identifying target or pilot regions or customers, driving customer engagement and communications, proposing any pricing or economic impact, and working with internal delivery teams to ensure successful rollout – independently or in partnership with business owners as needed
• Prior experience in payments is strongly preferred
• Previous experience with technical product commercialization strategy including customer integration planning is a plus
• Self-starter and quick learner with ability to work independently
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments; flexibility to handle rapidly changing scenarios
• Ability to work with ambiguity and manage complex projects; successfully manage multiple responsibilities and tasks
• Willingness to dive deep and learn about our technology, system structure, and rules
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong data and financial analysis skills and experience
• Superior communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong visual presentation skills, including data visualization and the ability to produce clear, compelling slides
• Strong project management skills – strong organization and task management is expected
• Strong collaborator, ability to work cross-functionally
• Ability to build and leverage relationships within and outside the organization to drive results
• Ability to interact with varying levels of leadership across the organization and with internal and external clients; ability to lead and influence at all levels
• Willingness to travel selectively across Mastercard locations
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140980