MasterCard Manager, Communications, Cities in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Communications, Cities
Mastercard is committed to using our technology, data insights and partnerships to connect communities, enable mobility, and drive small business growth for the benefit of everyone.
This position will play an important role in advancing Mastercard’s story and reputation among city leaders, policy makers and consumers, including through the City Possible initiative. Chief among the responsibilities is media relations, digital and social media strategy and implementation, content development, influencer engagement and event management. The senior manager, communications, will work closely with business group owners as a trusted advisor to drive advocacy and amplify partnership opportunities at a local, national and global level.
What is City Possible?
City Possible, pioneered by Mastercard, is a partnership and co-creation initiative that brings cities, companies and communities together to identify common challenges and co-develop solutions that advance inclusive and sustainable urban development.
• Responsible for the development and execution of City Possible thought leadership campaigns related to inclusive urbanization
• Develops and advances the strategy and voice for senior executive speaking and editorial opportunities
• Partners with global and regional communications teams to tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
• Builds strong network of media and influencer relationships aligned with ‘inclusive urbanization’ topic
• Leads development and execution of digital and social media strategies and programs that enhance the City Possible brand
• Manages Mastercard and partner activation of City Possible-owned and other relevant events – mobility, critical infrastructure, governance, sustainability, equity and inclusion, digital transformation, urbanization, innovation
• Develops and edits press releases, blogs posts, messaging and speeches for senior business partners
• Partners with Mastercard stakeholders to drive internal awareness of City Possible partnerships, solutions, and progress
• Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
• Works closely with policy team to develop advocacy plans to reach relevant opinion leaders
• Curates and manage relationships with City Possible cities and new network members to provide regular and consistent engagement to strengthen partnerships
• Designs business development, marketing and product management activities with prospects and internal Mastercard contacts to identify new business opportunities and engagement ideas
• Engages with internal Mastercard stakeholders to identify or co-design relevant initiatives to advance commercial and social impact goals.
All About You
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global team
• Understand workings of local government and city planning to bring new communications ideas/approaches to the team
• Demonstrated track record of securing media placements and building influencer relationships
• Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies
• Passion for pitching ideas
• Creative thinker possessing high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage to deadlines
• Ability to translate complex business, social impact, and policy issues material into easily understood, actionable programs
• Comfortable presenting complex issues to internal and external audiences
• Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140041